Awesome content, even better software. Just think what our technology could do for you.
4 Steps to a Successful HR Solution Implementation
You’ve spent months researching, reading, and reviewing different HR solution providers to find just the right fit for your company. You’ve sat through demos, negotiated pricing, and your decision makers have all approved the push to a new platform. All that hard work has paid off! Now all that’s left is implementing your new HR solution.
This is probably the moment when a wave of anxiety washes over you. You’re probably wondering how you’re going to transfer all of your data into a new system and still have time to get everything else on your plate done.
An implementation process can be a scary thing - it can either go smoothly or crash and burn. But if you follow these four steps, you’ll be giving yourself a high five for a successful HR solution implementation:
1. Plan Like You've Never Planned Before
- Should you make any changes to your current HR processes?
- What goals or strategic initiatives are you trying to accomplish with this new technology?
- Will you need to integrate the new HR solution with any other existing investments?
- How will your legacy data be imported into the new system?
- How will you handle rolling the new HR solution out to the company?
- What needs to happen post-implementation?
2. Make It A Team Effort
3. Prepare Your Company For The Transition
4. Work With The Right Partner
- A detailed plan including scope, projects to complete, information the provider will need from you to begin setup, and who you will be working with during and after implementation.
- A training plan to ensure all essential personnel feel confident using the new solution.
- Project reviews to ensure the implementation is running smoothly and deadlines are being met.
- A kickoff conversation to determine your short-term and long-term strategies, as well as any integrations or customizations needed.
- A testing phase to make sure the solution is performing accurately with your data before launch.
- A process for transition from implementation to your account manager for continued success.
How APS can help
APS helps organizations of all sizes and industries with their payroll processing and tax compliance needs. With a unified platform and a team of tax compliance experts in your corner, we can help make payroll and tax errors a thing of the past.
Looking to make a smooth transition to a new payroll provider? It’s easier than you think and APS can help you along every step of the way to ensure a successful implementation. For the past four years, we have ranked as a High Performer, Best Customer Support, Ease of Use, Functionality, and Product Quality by G2 Crowd. We have also been ranked the #1 software company in Louisiana, a testament to the confidence our clients have in our work.
Check out more great articles from the APS Blog covering HR, payroll, and everything in between.
Let’s tak a look at the difference between a Form W-2 and Form 1099-MISC to more easily determine which one you should issue to an employee.
We’re looking at November 2019 compliance updates, including potential new overtime calculation factors, withholding methods and tables, and inflation-adjusted payroll amounts.
In November, our CRO & Forbes Business Development Council member, Christian Valiulis, answered questions about business topics like rebranding, long-term growth strategies, and incorporating philanthropy into brands. Here are his thoughts.
Here we provide guidance on the various Form 1095-C codes for Lines 14-16 so you can simplify your ACA reporting. Learn more.