4 Ways to Let the Good Times Roll at the SHRM Conference
NEWS & UPDATES
1. Get a Game Plan, Cher
What we mean is get a plan of action, hon, to make the most of your SHRM experience. It’s a huge conference and you don’t want to rodier (wander) around for an hour or two trying to figure out what to tackle first. Take a look at the schedule and figure out what sessions to attend based on your availability - don’t overbook yourself!
2. Geaux Enjoy Some Downtime
The SHRM Conference is four days long, so that is a lot of time out of pocket from your normal workday. It can start to feel very overwhelming between all of the seminars, guest speakers, and work emails you’re trying to fit in. Take some time to relax and take in the scenery. You are in the Big Easy after all!
3. Are Y’all Ready To Buckle Down and Learn?
You have four days to learn and grow, so make the most of it. What do you want to accomplish by attending SHRM? What are your goals going back to work? Do you need to take advantage of some recertification credits? Attend the workshops that will help you hit your goals and make sure to take notes.
4. Take Advantage of the Lagniappe
In Louisiana, lagniappe means a little something extra. So make sure you take advantage of the lagniappe at SHRM:
- eLearning Library - With over 200 sessions and endless networking opportunities, it can be impossible to fit it all in. SHRM is offering a chance to bring all of that timely and relevant content home with you, so you can make the most of your SHRM experience.
- Meet to Eat - Savor all New Orleans has to offer while making new friends and talking with peers. You get to choose from several different restaurants and meet up with fellow attendees at your scheduled time. Space is limited, so don’t forget to sign up!
- Step Challenge - If you like a little competition, the SHRM Foundation’s Step Challenge may be just what the doctor ordered. Join a team of fellow attendees and compete for the highest average step total over the three-day challenge. Accept the challenge and go ALL IN here.
How APS Can Help
While you’re out on the enjoying yourself at SHRM, don’t forget to stop by booth #604 and pass a good time with APS! We’d love the opportunity to get to know you and your organization better. If you’re looking for a better core HR, payroll, and attendance platform, we’ll be happy to give you a personalized demo at our booth…we’ll even give you a FREE summer beach kit just for stopping by!
Check out more great articles from the APS Blog covering HR, payroll, and everything in between.
APS shares a little history lesson on the Declaration of Independence, and to help you learn some interesting facts to impress everyone this Fourth of July.
In this article, we’re going to discuss the pros and cons of PEO companies so you better understand what they can provide.
To ensure an optimal software experience, here are five questions you can ask a payroll and HR provider about their customer support.
How prepared is your company for a post-COVID workplace? Learn how to protect your business and employees moving forward.
In this article, we’re going to discuss three benefits of asset management technology so you can start streamlining your process.