Gone With The Pen: How to Automate Your HCM
Can you remember a world before computers and automation, when all human capital management (HCM) was completely manual and paper based? It seems like a lifetime ago. But the world has changed, and so businesses must change with it - or be lost in time. One of the most famous literary and cinematic characters of all time, Scarlett O’Hara, realized this truth.
You’ve probably read a lot about how the right HCM technology can empower your employees, but what about empowering yourself? HR managers are no longer administrators in their companies, they are strategic partners who play an integral role in growth. We’re sure even the mention of being “strategic” or “proactive” makes you chuckle to yourself. Because you have tons of time to plan ahead while managing the 101 tasks you have on your plate right (cue sarcastic tone).
- Hiring and Staffing
- Training and Development
- Employee Relations
- Performance Management
Remember those 101 tasks we mentioned above? Well we know those don’t simply go away. They have to be handled, but you don’t have enough hours in the day to get it all done. There just has to be a better way to manage all of the transactional processes without losing your cool, right?
We promise you, there is. HCM technology allows you to scale your workload so you can delegate tasks to others while maintaining accountability and control. You have the power to customize what different users can see and do, creating more streamlined workflows such as:
- Online benefits enrollment - Employees can enroll online, add their dependents, and you can even transmit paperwork electronically to benefits providers.
- Paperless payroll - Pay your employees 100% electronically using direct deposit and paycards to save time and ensure accurate, reliable pay.
- Employee scheduling - Always schedule the right amount of people for each shift, controlling labor costs.
- Applicant tracking and onboarding – Streamline your hiring process to increase employee engagement and reduce turnover.
Automating these types of processes will create a more intuitive user experience and promote better adoption. Ok, now you can smile.
Oh, compliance…that big elephant in the room that no one likes to talk about, but it’s always there. And typically the responsibility of managing compliance falls to HR professionals. When you’re managing tasks like time off requests, performance reviews, benefits administration, certification renewals, and hiring with manual processes, compliance management can definitely leave you feeling overwhelmed. It can feel like there’s just no way to handle it all on your own without details slipping through the cracks.
- Loss prevention - With online document management, everything from employee handbooks to certifications can be tracked and maintained in a secure database so you can reduce the potential of losing paperwork.
- Cost control - Real-time system audit trails help you better mitigate risk and decrease the possibility of paying noncompliance fees or fines.
- Tax compliance - Work with tax compliance experts to ensure your payroll tax payments and filings are always submitted accurately and on-time.
As God is My Witness, I’ll Never Be Manual Again
In an ever-changing business landscape, be a Scarlett O’Hara - take initiative in improving your organization’s processes with the right HCM solution. Don’t be tied down to the old way of doing things, or else you may be left penniless in the dust. Automate your workforce management so you can break free of the shackles of manual, outdated processes and technology. You are in control of how to manage your people, and it’s never too late to make a change. After all…tomorrow is another day.
How APS Can Help
APS brings innovation and efficiency to modern workforce management while delivering personalized service and support. We’ve built our award-winning technology from the ground up, focusing on usability, reliability, and compliance. Check out our Buyer’s Guide for an help on finding the best HCM solution for your needs; if your HR department is experiencing lost money, be sure to check out our solution on how to put an end to profit leaks. For more information, please visit www.apspayroll.com or call 855-945-7921.
Subscribe to our Awesome Blog.
[pardot-form height=”250″ id=”455″ title=”Subscribe to Blog”]