APS Gets Paytriotic for National Payroll Week
NEWS & UPDATES
Last week, APS celebrated American Payroll Association’s National Payroll Week (NPW). APS participated as an NPW Supporter to help spread the NPW message, as well as recognize the achievements of our own payroll professionals and those we work with through our customers. To see how APS celebrated throughout the week, check out our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn pages for pictures, or check out our blog from last week, National Payroll Week Festivities.
APS National Payroll Week Highlights:
APS chose the theme Paytriotic Since 1996 and started showing that patriotism before NPW began. APS created a virtual Food Bank with the Northwest Louisiana Food Bank in order to aid Hurricane Harvey victims. For every $1 donated, up to $10 worth of food was able to be purchased by the Food Bank! We managed to raise over $600, which allowed the Food Bank to get up to $6,000 worth of food to Hurricane Harvey victims.
Here’s a quick recap of the events held throughout the week:
- Tuesday, September 5 – Frozen yogurt bar courtesy of Counter Culture, and NPW goodie bag desk drop. APS Bingo also started.
- Wednesday, September 6 – Smoothies and Snacks, courtesy of Smoothie King, as well as the beginning of the Photo Contest.
- Thursday, September 7 – A pancake and omelet breakfast for our employees made by our very own Paytriotic Payroll Professionals.
- Friday, September 8 – A catered lunch from Heavenly Ham, and a payroll Jeopardy contest.
Everyone had such a great time participating this week! Our APS Bingo game was a major hit and encouraged everyone from different departments to get to know one another. The Photo Contest was a fun way to share everyone’s experiences throughout the week, and the photo props we had really showed off the creativity of our staff. Everyone’s APS and payroll knowledge was really put to the test with our APS Jeopardy game, which we did through Kahoot. Here are the winners of the Photo Contest, APS Bingo, and APS Jeopardy:
What Is NPW?:
National Payroll Week is spearheaded by more than 21,000 members of the American Payroll Association in partnership federal and state agencies, NPW National Sponsors, local chambers of commerce, professional tax and human resource associations, and companies across the United States.
Payroll professionals can also voice their opinions on the latest issues affecting how they are paid! Take the “Getting Paid In America” online survey now at www.nationalpayrollweek.com. We used the hashtags #PayrollWeek and #ASPNPW2017 to show all the activities we participated in to celebrate National Payroll Week! Here are some of our favorite pictures from the week:
NPW Fast Facts:
- The American Payroll Association founded National Payroll Week in 1996.
- National Payroll Week coincides with the celebration of Labor Day. This special week celebrates the economic, cultural, and social achievements of workers and the significance of “an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay.”
- AMERICA WORKS BECAUSE WE’RE WORKING FOR AMERICA®—NPW celebrates the unique partnership among America’s workers, our companies, the payroll professionals who pay us, and critical government programs such as social security, Medicare, fair labor standards, and child support. Together, through payroll withholding, we contribute and collect 67% of U.S. Treasury revenue.
- NPW is a national campaign to help America’s workers understand more about their paychecks, the payroll withholding system and other payroll-driven benefits.
- The NPW 2016 ad appeared in Times Square, The New York Times Magazine, USA Today, and Journal of Accountancy.
- During NPW, local APA chapters and members host presentations to school and civic groups, participate in community service initiatives, and use local media to pass along information to today’s workers and the workers of tomorrow.
- In 2016, 98 NPW government proclamations were issued across the United States.
APS brings innovation and scalability to modern human capital management. We believe that our clients, their employees, and our partners deserve the best, easy-to-use human capital management platform delivered with personalized service and support. We build our technologies from the ground up, focusing on usability, efficiency, and adoption. APS understands the challenges organizations of all sizes face, which is why we craft a full spectrum of cloud solutions that address all aspects of employee management. By maintaining a vision of unified systems that make human capital management nearly effortless, we support our clients in their growth and success.
APS is different because of our unique approach to technology and service. As a result, we continually maintain 98% customer retention and satisfaction rates. We have ranked as a High Performer the past four years and were named Best Software for HR and Administrative Teams for 2017. APS also consistently ranks Best Customer Support, Best Ease-of-Use, Best Functionality, and Best Product Quality.
For more information, please visit www.apspayroll.com or call 855-945-7921.
Love What You Just Read?
Subscribe to our Awesome Blog.