Why We Love HR Technology (And You Should Too!)
SHRM published an article written in January 2017 about the 9 HR Tech Trends for 2017, and we have to say they were pretty spot on. From learning management to advances in automation, SHRM pretty much hit the nail on the head for 2017 HR technology trends. There are many reasons why you should love HR technology, so we’ve listed some of our personal reasons why we love them too. Hopefully by the end of this article, you’ll see why!
You’re an HR manager and you sit down to your desk with a fresh cup of coffee in hand, ready to conquer the world. Then you check your inbox and it’s riddled with more requests than a Starbucks order. The reality is, a majority of these requests could be delegated to managers or the employees could potentially handle them directly. That’s the beauty of self-service technology! But do you really need a self-service solution?
- 52% reported increases in employee usage.
- 47% reported their managers using self-service tools on a more regular basis.
- One-third reported that their HR’s bandwidth increased, resulting in a stronger consulting role within the company.
- 20% reported decreases in HR costs due to increased automation.
Companies like CypherWorx are bringing eLearning to the forefront in technology designs of HR solutions. Businesses are starting to outgrow the traditional ways of training and learning (we’re looking at you, PowerPoint slides). Learning management systems (LMS) are being implemented by managers across the United States to provide their employees with the education they need to bring a company to its full potential. LMS also keeps employees engaged in what they’re learning, whether it be through a collaborative network of course users or the flexibility of course-taking by choosing a cloud-based eLearning system.
Applicant tracking systems (ATS) provide several benefits for HR managers. They help streamline your hiring processes, ensuring you find the right candidates for your company while decreasing turnover rates. HR managers can now post an opening in the ATS and publish to multiple job boards all in one place, instead of having to go out to numerous websites. Employers can also create pre-screen questions to make sure they are evaluating the right candidate before even interviewing them. Applicant tracking technology allows you to hone your hiring process so you can repeat those successes every time, resulting in a major turnover decrease.
What’s on the Horizon for HR Technology
Cloud technology has taken over the HR tech industry, that much is indisputable. However, change is a good thing, especially when it means HR tasks are improved in the process. Here are a few things to keep in mind when evaluating HR technologies:
- Adoption - Make sure the technology is easy to learn and there is a thorough training process.
- Usability - HR Technology should be easy to use or you will not get the maximum ROI out of your investment.
- Efficiency- The technology needs to be logical and unified; you shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to operate the system.
How APS Can Help
APS continues to develop its cloud-based HCM platform to provide organizations with the technology they need to be more productive and efficient:
- Our self-service technology for employees and managers makes it easier for HR managers to delegate responsibility while maintaining accountability.
- APS Hire, our recruiting and onboarding solution, provides HR managers with the tools they need to create the best hiring process for their organization.
- APS has partnered with CypherWorx to provide an innovative LMS that integrates with our unified HCM platform.
To learn more, please visit our website at www.apspayroll.com or call 855-945-7921.
Subscribe to our Awesome Blog.
[pardot-form height=”250″ id=”455″ title=”Subscribe to Blog”]